The End of the World is here!
At least that’s what Harold Camping, a preacher from Oakland, California, is predicting. At about 6pm, he says that 2% of the world’s population will be raptured to Heaven.
You are asking, “What does “rapture” mean? It’s the day that God opens the skies and sounds the trumpets. Everyone that accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour will be brought back to Heaven with Him.
1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 – For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Once all the “Saved” people are brought to Heaven, there will be turmoil, floods, plagues and famine.
Revelation 9:3-5 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads. And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
Now we fast forward to 5 months later, October 21st, 2011. For those of us who have proclaimed there to be no God, have not known Jesus to be their Saviour, this will be their last day on this Earth. God made us a promise, that He will not destroy the Earth with floods again, this time, our world will end in flames. (As you may know, we have asteroids floating around in the blackened sky as scientists watch them closely.)
2 Thessalonians 1:8,9 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power.
These are supposedly our last days on this Earth – once again, according to Harold Camping, who was wrong once before. He once preached that the end of the world was supposed to happen on September 6th, 1994. Now you ask me what I believe. I believe our days are numbered. I believe in what the Bible says and I do believe the prophecies will come true. Do I believe it will come to pass on Saturday? No!
Matthew 24:36 “However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows.”
THIS is what I believe, Matthew 24:36.
People are running to church, praying, making peace with their enemies, families are coming together…All of this is beautiful! But why does it take a man to get us to make these mends? Aren’t we supposed to be this way every day? One day this world will end and we will all be judged. Maybe it won’t be in our lifetime, maybe it will, but why does it take fear to make us into better people? Morals, values, family love and bonds, where are these? Saturday will come and go and we will spend another day working, bringing our children to school, eating and drinking, and we will all forget the reason we are alive..To be the best we can be, morally, spiritually, physically, emotionally and mentally.
- “The End Of The World May 21st: Harold Camping Rapture Prediction” and related posts (bumpshack.com)
- Harold’s Hogwash (godsmustardseed.com)
- End of the world is May 21? Some say the signs are there, but others are skeptical (pennlive.com)
- End of the world Saturday? Despite billboards, Utah Christians shrug ()
- How to Prepare for the End of the World on May 21 (or Any Other Emergency) (self.com)
- the end of the world, now? (handsthatshapetheworld.wordpress.com)
- May 11, 2011 Prediction – End of the World ? – What Does the the Bible Say About This ? (lnger.wordpress.com)
- End of the World 2011: May 21st 2011 Judgement Day, Doomsday Sparks Controversy! (manolith.com)
- Rapture Guidelines / FAQ (vgiordano.wordpress.com)
- Will The Rapture Start Saturday? Many Believe It To Be So… (thenationalbugle.com)
- Coming Saturday: Jesus Christ? (webnerhouse.com)