Children years ago played in the metal garbage cans, swam in green pool water, licked the spoons after baking a cake with mom and even ate RAW meat!
Unfortunately, those days came and went but we still have germs- they have gotten stronger and more resistant against antibiotics. Here are some home remedies for everyday life- I found them all over the web and thought it would be nice to have them all in one spot and easy to reference as needed.
1. Saline nasal drops-over the counter help for nasal congestion.
2. Neti pot- it rinses each nostril out and relieves the pressure and mucus.
3. Boil half a bowl of water, add few drops of eucalyptus oil and inhale the steam.
Baby Gas Relief:
1. Gripe water: This is one of the most highly recommended newborn gas remedies. It is important to ensure that the child gets no more than the daily recommended dose, after checking with a doctor, or reading the labels carefully.
2. Caraway and cumin seeds: This home remedy is more suitable for children who are a bit older. A teaspoon each of caraway and cumin seeds can be boiled in a cup of water, till the liquid reduces in half. A pinch of sugar could be added to it, before it is given to the child
3. Aniseed: This is an effective home remedy for reducing excess gas in newborn babies and infants who are being breastfed. A teaspoon and a half of aniseed should be boiled in a liter of water, for about 10 minutes or so. This decoction needs to be left aside for a while so that it cools. Breastfeeding moms should consume this water, instead of regular water, in order to reduce gas in their babies.
1. Drink water
2. Chew on ice
3. Have sex- it releases endorphins in the brain to relieve pain
4. Boil vinegar & water- put a towel over your head and inhale the mist
5. Rub a cut lime on your forehead
6. Peppermint oil and water- mix oil into water and boil. Inhale the mist
7. Orange peel: slice an orange, remove the edible part of the orange. Get the peels (4 peels), 2 slices in each nostril (white side facing outward).
Get a piece of duct tape, wrap it around the finger with the splinter in it. Get it nice and tight over the splinter, pull it off! The splinter should come out on the tape.
1. Massage your back with mint oils- gently
2. Massage back with turpentine oil- gently
1. Eat garlic when it gets in your blood it gives off the scent -mosquitoes don’t like the smell of garlic
2. Keep a dryer sheet in your pocket.
3. Rub apple cider vinegar on your exposed skin before walking outside
1. Eat yogurt for 6 weeks
2. Drink a cup of unsweetened tea
3. Eating apples removes bacteria
Colic in infants:
1. Basil contains sedative and antispasmodic properties, which will work very well in treating colic. Take 1-1 ½ teaspoons of dried basil leaves in a cup and pour boiling water over them. Now cover the cup and keep it aside for a few minutes. Strain the water, once it has cooled to room temperature, into a bottle. This can be given to the baby a few spoons at a time.
Similarly mint also contains antispasmodic properties and hence can prove to be useful for treating colic. Put about a teaspoon full of dried mint leaves in a bowl and then pour boiling water into the bowl. This should be left aside for 10 minutes and once cooled strained into a bottle. This decoction can be given to the baby to reduce the symptoms of colic.
2. Chamomile tea also works well on colic. Fill a bowl with a teaspoon of chamomile flowers, after which you should pour boiling water over them. After the water has cooled, the tea has to be strained into a bottle and then be fed to the baby. Chamomile will also work, as this too contains sedative and antispasmodic properties. Please bear in mind that is very important for all parents to consult the child’s pediatrician, if they notice colic like symptoms. This is primarily to rule out the possibility of any other problem.
1. A clove of garlic with a little rock salt should be placed on the affected tooth. It will relieve the pain and, sometimes, may even cure it. A clove should also be chewed daily in the morning. It will cure the teeth making them strong and healthy.
2. Eating a raw lime, along with the peel, can offer some much-needed toothache relief
3. Clove oil, applied to a cavity in a decayed tooth, also relieves toothache.
4. Take a Q-tip and some pure vanilla extract and apply to the area of pain-Rub it on the spot.
5. Chewing crackers to a paste and putting that in your broken tooth to stop the pain.
Flea Bites on Humans:
1. Ice pack- put it on the bites, let it get numb -itch is gone
2. Use a little baking powder mixed with water to help reduce the pain on the bites
1. Vinegar acts pain killing and relaxing. If pains become stronger again, change the compress for a fresh one. Refresh the vinegar compress as often as needed.
2. Cover the burn with honey
3. Apply Colloidal silver this is a natural antibiotic and disinfectant if the burn is very painful, use in spray.
1. A few drops of slightly warmed olive oil onto your ears can soothe the pain.
2. Put a few drops of hydrogen peroxide onto your aching ear- pour a few drops into the ear and let them sit for a while.
1. Hot epsom salt bath
2. Gargle with salt water 4 times a day
3. Ginger tea
5. Hot lemonade
1. Oatmeal bath
2. Baking soda in a cup with water and spread on the pox-soothes the itching
3. Vitamin E oil- put it on the pox for itching and scarring
I hope this blog was helpful! If you have any home remedies that YOU use, please share them with us!References: www.home-remedies-for-you.com www.myhomeremedies.com www.associatedcontent.com/ www.hometreatment.org/ www.christinas-home-remedies.com/ www.topnaturalremedies.com/ www.earachecure.com/ www.mayoclinic.com/ www.everydayhealth.com/
- No Good Evidence That Folk Remedies Ease Colic (nlm.nih.gov)
- Toothache Remedies and Pain Relief (healthadel.com)
- What are some natural remedies for a sore throat? (zocdoc.com)
- Serious snorer? Home remedies really can help (msnbc.msn.com)
- Home Remedies for Internal Hemorrhoids (brighthub.com)
- 7 home remedies that actually work (holykaw.alltop.com)
- Colic and Probiotics – A Cure for the Crying? (brainblogger.com)
- Headache Home Remedies (mamavega.wordpress.com)
- Cough and Cold Home Remedy (wellnessdharma.wordpress.com)
- Home remedy for a mild cold – Ginger Tea (Cola) (thefatsausage.wordpress.com)
- Home remedy for cough – Rock Candy (Crystal Sugar) with Pears. (thefatsausage.wordpress.com)
- Home remedies for acne and acne marks (e-prescribe.biz)